Denim Confusion

Wednesday, November 8, 2017



Denim Jacket- Thrifted
Nike Sweater- Thrifted + DIY Alterations
Jeans- WASIL Clothing 
Shoes- Winter Premium Air Max 90s

It's a beautiful fall day. The air is crisp like the leaves on the ground, and the sky is the perfect cozy season gloom. Today I was inspired to put together this look with the color palette of the seasonal brisk around me!

To begin, I wanted to shoutout myself for these custom denim jeans. I'll be posting them for sale sometime these week so you too can order your very own pair! I was inspired to make these because of the issue I can never seem to solve: Ripped denim has a shelf life. The more you wear your favorite ripped jeans, the more the jeans wear away at the once small and chic rips, until they turn into gigantic gaping holes. Though I believe there is a time and place for such exaggerated rips, I wanted to create a pair of jeans that maintained the longevity of the rips. So, I ripped up some patched of denim and sewed them onto the pant leg. I used the excess scraps from the shortening of the jeans to make these patches, and then cinched the bottoms to have a slight gather effect. I think these are the star of any outfit and I can't wait to see how much better they begin to look as time passes! For the top I wore a thrifted Nike sweater that I take my scissors to very aggressively, along with my similar to my jeans colored denim jacket. For shoes, as I mentioned being overly matchy is my go to, I wore my girlfriend's suede grey Air Max 90s (she has a killer shoe collection). 

That will be all for today, thank you all for reading!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!