#WHATVEGANSEAT DAY 1

Saturday, June 6, 2015




Breakfast- My Version of an Acaį Bowl

Basically I took equal parts of mango, pineapple, strawberries, blue berries, and banana, blended it up with some water, and presto! A nice tropical smoothie. As for the toppings- I put on some sliced banana, blue berries, coconut flakes, and chia seed pudding. Chia seed pudding is only three ingredients- Chia seeds, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix those all together and refrigerate for an hour and voíla, chia seed pudding! Sprinkle it on top of this little bowl and you've got yourself a nice meal!





Lunch- Veggie Loaded Salad

Here we got a lovely bowl of fantastic greens paired with a savory and sweet balsamic dressing. The dress is equal parts of olive oil to balsamic vinegar, and then 3-4 tablespoons of coconut sugar. The toppings of the salad are on the cutting board: beets, cherry tomatoes, red onion, red cabbage, cucumber, and avocado (bae). The actual salad itself is equal parts of arugula to romaine lettuce (but personally I wish I just used only arugula!). Super light, and surprisingly I could only eat one bowl before I was full and content!



Dinner- Sweet Potato Heaven

http://minimalistbaker.com/mediterranean-baked-sweet-potatoes/

I looooovvveeee sweet potatoes (yams technically). So I looked up a good recipe to prepare them and I came up with this! It's a mediterranean style dish, with a dill sauce, and roasted chickpeas stuffed inside the yams! Here's a link to the recipe if you'd like to try it out yourself. This one is super filling as well! I could only eat half of my portion before giving up and calling it a night.

As for a snack at midnight, I had a serving of cherry tomatoes! My favorite TV watching snack!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!