VEGANISM: 1 MONTH

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Can you believe it?

I lasted an entire month omitting diary, meat, and egg products from my diet.

But I don't feel like it.

For me, veganism was one big experiment. In my head, I was going to do a trial run, see if I could last a week. After week one passed, week two quickly crept up upon me, and soon enough I was unknowingly eating vegan at every meal, completely comfortable with my meals. You could even use the word satiated to describe my feelings towards what I ate.

But there is a myth that vegans aren't telling you!

Yes, I cannot eat butter, cream, egg, meat, any of those high fat yummy foods- but you know what I can eat? Fried tofu, fried rice, french fries, vegan cinnamon rolls, vegan peanut butter cookies, bread... Need I continue?

Basically, once a foodie, always a foodie. I wasn't going to let veganism stop me from continuously packing on the pounds! 

But every night when I looked in the mirror, I saw my once disappearing stretch marks become increasingly visible again, my acne flaring up, and my overall mood sort of in a funk. I was back to square one.

I had heard about raw veganism before, but never had I ever thought I could handle such a restricted diet. But that was before I realized that raw veganism is not a restriction, it is a release from the clutches of the junk food that had a never ending grasp on my taste buds. 

After researching and reading up on raw veganism I stumbled across "Freelee the Banana Girl"'s YouTube channel. Now I know, Freelee is a bit of a nut, but ultimately, she gave me the push to attempt this sort of lifestyle change. She introduced me to the #RawTill4 movement. 

Raw veganism is defined as:
Raw veganism is a diet that combines the concepts of veganism and raw foodism. It excludes all food and products of animal origin, as well as food cooked at a temperature above 48 °C (118 °F).
So... What is #RawTill4? Raw till 4 basically is when you are a raw vegan until 4PM, and by then you have already had two meals, so you then are allowed cooked food after 4PM. Simple, right? 

Yes! It really is that simple. Being able to pack in as many fruits and vegetables I want at the beginning of the day not only satisfies my urge to eat, but keeps me full and content for a long time. Today was my first day as a #RawTill4, and so far I feel great. Updates on this diet change later on!

I've decided to start posting my daily meals, as well as outfit pictures when I get a chance. I kind of want my blog to go in the direction of doing what I want, and hoping you guys stick around to see where it goes. Enjoy!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!