Top 5 Staple Pieces for a Summer in Northern California

Wednesday, May 27, 2015


Let's talk staple pieces...

If you live in the Northern hemisphere, you are fully aware that summer is rapidly approaching. Since I am a Northern California native, I thought I'd take you through some of the similar pieces I will be picking up for this season! Most of these pieces are from a high price point, but you can always head over to Forever 21 or H&M to find somewhat similar silhouettes. For now, enjoy!

1. The Boyfriend Jean

http://www.nastygal.com/product/nasty-gal-denim--piece-and-love?currency_code=US&country_code=US&gclid=CMC5uKCr4cUCFRSIfgodJRYAGg

I personally am a boyfriend jean fanatic. The breezy pants cuffed at the bottom are the perfect accessory to a day at the foggy coast. Something that caught my eye were these patchwork boyfriend jeans from Nastygal. I've always had this DIY in the back of my mind, but for some reason never got around to it.

2. Wide Brimmed Hats

http://www.lackofcolor.com.au/?product=montana-silver-haze

One company that does hats right is Lack of Color from Australia. The wide brimmed hats from Lack of Color are my dream pieces. I picked the grey hat specifically because I thought, how often do you see people rocking a grey wide brimmed hat (AKA, never). The grey is so versatile and totally fits the ~*aesthetic*~ of the Bay Area.

3. Easy-Breezy Dresses

http://newclassics.ca/collections/dresses/products/revisited-matters-crepe-silk-cardigan-dress

One of the issues with California is that it can get ridiculously hot (like the stereotypes). My favorite way to combat the heat along with keeping my skin shielded from the harsh sun rays is to wear a mid-length breezy dress (Do you see the loose fitted theme here?). These types of dresses can be great casual pieces when allowing a strappy bralette to peek out occasionally. My dream casual dress would probably have to be this one from New Classic Studios.

4. Cover-ups as Accessories

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=35355031&category=W_OUTERWEAR_BLAZERS

Coverups are such an important aspect of an outfit. You can take any pair of jeans and blouse combination and transform it into an outfit that will have everyone in awe. Complicated lapels and long trench-like silhouettes give the illusion that you spent a lot of time putting it together, when in reality all you did was add a coverup and walk out the door.

5. Let the Sand In Your Sand-als

http://www.solestruck.com/intentionally-blank-honcho-bone/index.html

While browsing on solestruck.com I stumbled upon this simplistic pair of sandals that had my mouth watering the second I laid eyes on them. Wooden heels are the perfect way to add spice to your outfit with no effort at all. The complex layering of each slab of wood on the heel conveys a thought of art work rather than fashion. To keep things focused on the main portion of your outfit, the foot of the shoe is a lovely beige-nude color. When putting together a casual outfit it is so important to make sure that each element has a pop of excitement- but not too much that will distract from everything else. These shoes would definitely be my go to this season.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!