Clothing Brand Update: WASIL Has a Website!

Monday, April 13, 2015


In a time... before Sabrina had a clue what she would do with a clothing brand... she vowed to start her own company... And by God, SHE'S DONE IT!

All jokes aside, YES the time has finally come! I finally got my ducks in a row and am pursuing WASIL! If you are a little confused and asking yourself, "What is WASIL?", well let me enlighten you.

WASIL began when I was in my first semester of college at Academy of Art University (about 6 months ago to put things in perspective). I was lost and depressed because I felt like my degree wasn't right for me. I was doing what I loved, which was fashion, but I didn't have the creative outlet I was desperately in need of. Midterms rolled around and my merchandising teacher told us we had to create our own brand and design four pieces, and do a couple of other business- like things that I tuned out. All I needed to hear in that moment was "design... your own.... collection". I was ecstatic. This is what I had been waiting for! The opportunity to show the world what I had locked up inside for so long! I whipped up four different outfits with the brand name "WASIL". 

Now I am slightly embarrassed as to what WASIL originally stood for, so I'll leave that unmentioned, but I liked the way WASIL sounded and so I stuck with it. 

After 6 months of telling myself "There's something missing," I finally realized that I was still lacking that creative outlet. Two nights ago I registered an account for storenvy.com, tonight I bought more fabric than anyone could ever need, bought my domain name, designed WASIL's website, and got WASIL's instagram in line. The launch date of WASIL pretty much depends on when my fabric arrives and how long it takes for me to make the items. I am being adventurous and making some button up shirts, but not just any button ups. I'm making some quirky cloud patterned, pug patterned, banana patterned, etc BUTTON UPS! How cool, right?! I also am making some crushed velvet off the shoulder tops, as well as some crystal necklaces and earrings. 

Some cool stuff is coming your way... Are you ready?

*Make sure to follow WASIL on instagram: www.instagram.com/wasilclothing 
*Don't hesitate to subscribe to WASIL's Youtube channel where look books with the new items will be featured: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_0D77uV4yedRunQO4SuuJQ


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!